Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I find the location and contact details of my nearest Peacocks Store?
Peacocks has over 400 stores nationwide. To find your local Peacocks Store click our Store Finder.
- What do you do with my personal details and are they secure?
We have taken every possible measure to make our website safe and secure for your peace of mind. We use the very latest SSL encryption technology and take the security of your personal data very seriously.
To check that you are in a secure area of our website, you will see a locked padlock in the bottom right of your browser. If the padlock is unlocked, you are not in a secure area and any of your personal details entered here will not be entirely safe.
Peacocks confirms that any personal information you supply to us will only be used in accordance with the registration that we have with the Information Commissioners Office. It will only be used for:
- Processing your orders
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and its service to you
- To serve website content and advertisements to you
- To administer this website
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
- How can I change my personal details?
Before you order online, you will need to set up an account to make it faster for you at the checkout. If you have changed your name or address, you can automatically update your personal details by logging into your account and clicking on 'Account Information'.
- Where can I find out more about the sizing of the products you sell online?
Peacocks has developed a useful guide to assist you with sizing details. To view, click our Size Guide.
- Where can I find out about the washing and care instructions for the products you sell online?
Wash and care instructions can be found inside the garment or associated packaging of any product sold by Peacocks (where applicable).
- Are all of the products from Peacocks available to buy online?
Unfortunately, all of our product range is not available online. We are continually updating our online catalogue to include as much of our High Street product as possible.
- What will happen when I place my order?
The ordering process should be easy to follow as you move through the site. If you do have issues with ordering, or if anything is unclear, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 0330 124 2185 (Monday-Friday 9am -5.30pm and Saturday 9am-1pm).
You will have the opportunity to enter payment details and review your order prior to confirming. The page includes a cost breakdown of the order and also indicates that you are in a secure section of the website. If you click back to the homepage from the secure location, you may receive a warning indicating that you are moving to and from a secure location.
Once the ‘Submit Order’ button is selected, providing that the order has successfully been completed (i.e. the customer has not been informed of any product being out of stock and his/her details are correct), you will be re-directed to the Order Confirmation page and will receive an order confirmation email that contains essential information relating to your order.
When your order is ready to be dispatched, you will receive an email indicating that the order will be with you in the near future.
- What if there is a problem placing my order online or I am not sure it has gone through?
If you believe you have placed an order but are unsure if it has gone through, log into your Account and check your orders. If your order does not appear on the list, you will need to place it again. If you are still unsure or you have used our guest checkout, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 0330 124 2185 (Monday-Friday 9am -5.30pm and Saturday 9am-1pm).
- Can I cancel or amend an order once I’ve placed it?
Your Right To Cancel
You have a right to cancel your order and if you choose to do so you will receive full refund. However you should note that in order for us to deliver orders to customers quickly and efficiently orders are processed and dispatched almost immediately upon order acknowledgement. This means in practice that we will be unable to impact delivery and you will receive the goods you ordered.
Therefore where goods have already been dispatched before cancellation, please return them to us in their original condition and packaging. Returns to Peacocks should be returned to Peacocks Distribution Centre, Heol Crochendy, Parc Nantgarw. CF15 7QT. Details and instructions are found on the reverse of the delivery note you receive in your order. Returned or cancelled goods need to be returned to us within 28 days of dispatch. Your account will be automatically credited the value of your order once we have received the items.
Amending an Order
For similar reasons of immediate processing and dispatch we are unable to amend orders once they are placed via our website. You must therefore check your order contains all the products you want prior to payment and confirmation as we will be unable to change the details thereafter. Similarly, you must also check your billing and delivery addresses since we will be unable to amend these after your order has been acknowledged. If you decide you don’t require an item after delivery you can always return it to us using the returns label for a full refund of your purchase price. We will only credit your account once we receive goods back to our processing centre.
- What types of payment can I use online?
We accept most major cards including Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, & American Express. Customers can also use PayPal, Applepay or Amazon Payments and various gift cards including Peacocks Gift cards/evouchers to pay for orders. This is available as an option during checkout.
We are unable to accept payment via cheque or any method other than those listed above.
- Can I shop online using a gift card?
We are now able to offer online gift vouchers which can be sent to anyone with an email address or the code given in person and redeemed online. For more information take a look at our Online Gift Voucher page. We also accept gift vouchers bought in store.
- When will you take payment for my order?
We will take payment from you when your order is placed.
- Can I track the status of my order?
Once you have ordered online, you will be able to track its status. Log onto your account, select 'My Orders' where you can then view the details of pending or completed orders. You will receive a confirmation email when you submit your order and also a dispatch email when your items are on the way. You can also track your order at Myhermes.co.uk
- What is the returns policy for products bought online?
- What are your delivery options and what charges do you apply?
Peacocks online uses Hermes to deliver our orders.For deliveries to the Channel Islands, providing a relevant postcode prefix is provided, tax will be removed.
The standard charge is £3.99 per order - This is a 3-5 working days delivery service. Alternatively, you could select Express Delivery (arrives within 48 hours) and the charge for this service is £4.99 per order.
For more information, please read our Delivery and Returns procedures.
We now offer delivery to selected international locations. For more information please see International Delivery.
- Will I have to sign for the delivery when it arrives?
A signature is not required.
- What happens if no one is in when my parcel arrives?
If no one is available at the address to receive your parcel, Hermes will leave your parcel in a safe place, with a neighbour or leave a card for you to arrange a re-delivery when it is convenient to you. You can check the status of your parcel at https://www.myhermes.co.uk/tracking-results.html&. Alternatively, you can contact our us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 0330 124 2185 (Monday-Friday 9am -5.30pm and Saturday 9am-1pm).
- Gift Cards
- How can I check my gift card balance?
The balance on the gift card may be checked in store or by contacting email@example.com or by phone at 0330 124 2185 (Monday-Friday 9am -5.30pm and Saturday 9am-1pm).
- How do I buy a gift card?
You can buy your gift card here: http://www.peacocks.co.uk/giftcards
- How do I use my gift card?
Gift cards can be redeemed in any Peacocks store or on the Peacocks website.
To redeem in store simply present the gift card at the till when you pay for your items.
To redeem online enter the 19 digit code (printed on the back of your gift card) at the Shopping Bag stage of checkout. Once added to your order the gift card balance will be deducted from the order total, any outstanding value to pay can be paid using your preferred method of payment.
- My order value is different to my gift card value – is this a problem?
If the value of the purchase is less than the value on your gift card you are free to use the remaining balance at any time while the gift card is still active.
If the value of your purchase is more than the remaining balance on your gift card you can use what balance is on your gift card and pay the remainder with a payment method of your choice.
- Can I return an item purchased using a Gift Card?
You can return items to any Peacocks store (except for concession stores) or Peacocks online. The amount you paid will be refunded back onto the original gift card if possible, or onto a refund gift card. A refund gift card can be used in the same way as any regular gift card.
Please note that if you only part paid with a gift card the remaining refund will need to be refunded onto your original card. If you part paid with PayPal you will need to ensure your return complies with our PayPal returns policy.
- What happens if my gift card is lost, stolen?
Please treat Gift Cards like cash. We cannot replace or reimburse the balance if the Card is lost, stolen or damaged.
- How many Gift Cards can I use during one transaction?
You can use as many different Gift Cards during a single transaction as required but the same Gift Card cannot be used twice within the same transaction.
- I have another query about a gift card, who should I contact?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 0330 124 2185 (Monday-Friday 9am -5.30pm and Saturday 9am-1pm), we'll be happy to assist with your query.
- Gift Card Terms & Conditions
- Once activated this Gift Card is redeemable as full or part payment against any purchases at Peacocks stores throughout the UK only and https://www.peacocks.co.uk
- The balance on this Gift Card may be checked in store or by contacting email@example.com or by phone at 0330 124 2185 (Monday-Friday 9am -5.30pm and Saturday 9am-1pm).
- Please retain this Gift Card as the balance can be topped up. The minimum amount the Gift Card can be topped up by is £10, the maximum amount is £250.
- If this Gift Card is not used within 24 months of the date of last transaction, the Gift Card will expire and cease to have any value.
- The Gift Card cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Protect this Gift Card and treat it as cash. No liability is accepted for lost, stolen or damaged cards or any available balance on such cards.
- We reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions or discontinue the Gift Card at any time. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- For full terms and conditions see online or ask in store.
- Not for resale.
- Everything Else
- How can I find out about events, sales and special occasions?
By registering your email address with us. You can do this by entering your email address in the box at the foot of this page. We will keep you informed about company events and sales promotions. If you wish to stop receiving emails from us simply use the Manage Your Subscription link, which can be found at the foot of all our emails. If you encounter any problems please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I apply for a job at Peacocks?
You can find out about our latest vacancies and how to apply for them in our Careers section.
- How can I contact Customer Care at Peacocks?
If you wish to contact us, in relation to any aspects of our products or services, please do so at email@example.com or by phone at 0330 124 2185 (Monday-Friday 9am -5.30pm and Saturday 9am-1pm).